SOLICITATION for PROPOSALS
CITY OF MUSKEGON – 2022 ANNUAL ACTION PLAN
The City of Muskegon invites interested Agencies, Groups and Citizens to submit ideas, proposals and programs to consider for our Annual Action Plan activities for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and/or HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME) funding. The federal CDBG grant expected for this 2022 year is anticipated to be $1 Million. For an application package, please request forms at:
Community and Neighborhood Services
City of Muskegon City Hall
933 Terrace Street
Muskegon, MI 49443
Telephone (231) 724-6717
The deadline for activity proposals is Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. No proposals will be accepted after that date. No faxed or electronic transferred proposal will be accepted.
All Proposals must be delivered/mailed to the City Clerk’s Office at Muskegon City Hall by Tuesday, February 22, 2022 by 2:00 p.m. Proposals must be in a sealed envelope.
The Housing, Community Development Act of 1974 and HOME Cranston-Gonzales Affordable Housing Act of 1990 as amended entitles the City of Muskegon to participate in two programs aimed at the development of viable communities including decent housing, suitable living environment and expanding economic opportunity principally for persons of low and moderate income.
Objectives set forth may include;
- Elimination of slums, blight and blighting influences.
- Elimination of conditions which are detrimental to the health, safety, and welfare of the community.
- Conservation and expansion of housing stock.
- Expansion and improvement of community services for public facilities.
- Affordable housing opportunities.
- A reduction in the isolation of income group within the community by increasing the diversity and vitality of neighborhoods.
- Youth Groups/Recreation programs.
- Economic Development.
- Public Service Assistance to seniors, parolees, homeless, and citizens at-large.
- Public Facilities
Publish: Sunday, January 30, 2022