The City of Muskegon is seeking proposals from interested firms to provide concrete services related to the construction of a new concrete curbing and concrete pad to facilitate the construction of playground equipment at Aamodt Park in the City of Muskegon.
City of Muskegon will host site meetings upon request to answer questions and review the project site. Requests submitted to Leo Evans via email (Leo.Evans@shorelinecity.com) prior to Monday, January 11th, 2021 will be accommodated prior to the bid opening. Requests received after that date will be accommodated pending staff availability.
In addition to the playground pad the city is requesting an optional quote to place a new concrete pad for a picnic shelter within the same park. Preliminary details are attached, the proposed shelter will be identical to this existing shelter at the McLaughlin Neighborhood Park on Terrace Street – https://goo.gl/maps/Vn1R3x4ZCWP8sSs17
City of Muskegon will provide the following items of work in conjunction with the project:
- Removal of the existing playground equipment
- Removal of sidewalk within the limits of the proposed footprint of the new playground
- Rough grading of the area for the playground pad and picnic shelter pad
- Placement of concrete walkway from existing sidewalk to picnic shelter area
- Finish grading and restoration of site upon completion of concrete work
Contractor will be responsible to provide the following items of work in conjunction with the project, inclusive of all labor, equipment, mobilization, tools, materials, etc… necessary to provide for a finished product:
- Fine grading of site to facilitate forming and placement of concrete
- Placement of concrete curb and pad as detailed in the attachments
- Placement of sleeves in concrete pad to facilitate playground installation as directed by playground installer (Sinclair Recreation)
- Placement of small miscellaneous sidewalk pieces removed to facilitate construction.
- Repair of any damages caused during construction
Subcontractors, if any, shall be approved by the Project Manager prior to acceptance on this contract and shall bound by these specifications. It is the responsibility and duty of the contractor to verify that the subcontractor meets all conditions. The contractor shall furnish any subcontractor’s proof of insurance meeting city requirements.
Construction shall be per applicable industry standards, the enclosed detailed drawings, and any additional details provided by the playground installer to facilitate installation of the playground upon completion of the project.
Work shall be completed in the Spring of 2021, prior to May 1, 2021.