The Power Of Produce (POP) Club is a nationally recognized kids program started at the Oregon City Farmers Market in May 2011, to empower kids to make healthy food choices, introducing them to where their food comes from. This program is now being implemented in Markets across the US and in Canada too. We are pleased to bring this program to the Muskegon Farmers Market in 2014. We’re raising the next generation of Market shoppers and good food eaters!
HOW THE POP CLUB WORKS: KIDS, between the ages of 5-12:
- POP Club will be available on Saturdays only from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. starting June 14th through October 25th.
- Join the club at the market. Sign their “Passport To Health”. We keep the Passport at the Market’s office to track participation.
- Receive a POP reusable shopping bag.
- Receive a POP Button.
- Receive $2 EVERY time they come to market, in wooden tokens to spend on fresh fruits and vegetables and food plants.
- Participate in value-creating activities (POP CLUB FUN!) based around food, nutrition and food growing. At every summer Saturday Market you can find activities such as Seed Planting, Salad-Making, Flour-Grinding and pancake-making, Jam-Making, wormy fun with Worm Bins, Crawly Critters and fun bugs, scavenger hunt …and more! Look for a schedule when checking in at the market or watch the Muskegon Farmer’s Market website for details: www.muskegonfarmersmarket.com
- Donations can be made to support this program: Community Foundation of Muskegon County, Power of Produce Fund. Checks can be made to this fund by mailing to: CFFMC, Power of Produce Fund, 425 W. Western Ave. Suite 200, Muskegon, MI 49440 or online (be sure to choose the correct fund): www.cffmc.org/give/online-giving