INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT
The City of Muskegon is seeking proposals from interested companies to provide site demolition and preparation work within McCrae Park. The city and community desire to improve the existing facility according to the vision included in the attachment. As a first step towards that goal the city is soliciting bids to provide assistance in completing the site demolition and restoration.
- Bidding Contractors will be responsible for the following items of work:
- Removal of the existing paved basketball court and hoop structure including footings
- Install 2 basketball poles and footings per manufacture (poles provided by City)
- Install 6” thick, 94’ long by 60’ wide concrete pad and relief sawing as specified in plan
- Site Restoration including topsoil and seed
City of Muskegon will provide the following items of work in advance of or in conjunction with the project:
- 2 basketball hoop poles
- Staining and Sealing
City of Muskegon will host site meetings upon request to answer questions and review the project site. Requests submitted to Kevin Parker (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to May 21, 2021 will be accommodated prior to the bid opening. Requests received after that date will be accommodated pending staff availability.
Subcontractors, if any, shall be approved by the Project Manager prior to acceptance on this contract and shall bound by these specifications. It is the responsibility and duty of the contractor to verify that the subcontractor meets all conditions. The contractor shall furnish any subcontractor’s proof of insurance meeting city requirements.
Construction shall be per applicable industry standards, the enclosed drawings/specifications, and any additional details provided via addenda.
Work shall be coordinated with any other park uses to minimize impact to their use and shall be completed prior to August 31, 2021.