- January 1986 – February 1988 employed at Howmet Turbine Components
- May of 1988-2008 employed by The City Of Muskegon Police Dept.
- While employed as a police officer I performed duties as a patrolman, Community officer for Angel, and Nelson Neighborhoods, Dare Officer, Evidence Technician, and Bike Patrol Officer,
- May 2008 I retired from the Police Department.
- President of Muskegon County NAACP #3147 from 2017 to present.
- Continued growth and development of Muskegon’s shoreline and downtown.
- Community involvement through communication with city services.
- Employment opportunities for all qualified Muskegon residents.
- Born in Detroit Mi. July 10, 1962
- Married to Nietra Hood
- One son Eric Jr., and three daughters Charice, Sequoia, and Caprice.
- City of Muskegon City Commissioner Eric Hood can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org