- Attended Muskegon Public schools from K-12 .
- Graduated from Muskegon High School in 1980
- Attended Muskegon Community College and Grand Valley State University Police Academy.
- Joined the United States Army 1982
- Attended The Academy of Health & Science Ft. Sam Houston.
- Was stationed at Madigan Army Hospital Ft. Lewis Washington ,Walter Reed Medical Center Washington D.C., and Korea.
In Korea I was stationed at Camp Howze 1/31st infantry Division and Served 72 days on the Demilitarized Zone.
I was honorably discharged from the Military in October 1985 and returned home to Muskegon.
- January 1986 – February 1988 employed at Howmet Turbine Components
- May of 1988-2008 employed by The City Of Muskegon Police Dept.
- While employed as a police officer I performed duties as a patrolman, Community officer for Angel, and Nelson Neighborhoods, Dare Officer, Evidence Technician, and Bike Patrol Officer,
- May 2008 I retired from the Police Department.
- Continued growth and development of Muskegon’s shoreline and downtown.
- Community involvement through communication with city services.
- Employment opportunities for all qualified Muskegon residents.
Personal Information about Commissioner Hood
Born in Detroit Mi. July 10, 1962
Married to Nietra Hood
One son Eric Jr., and three daughters Charice ,Sequoia, and Caprice.
City of Muskegon City Commissioner Eric Hood can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org