EQUAL OPPORTUNITY COMMITTEE (EOC) MEETING
October 25, 2021, 5:30 P.M., 2nd Floor Conference Rm.(203)
Attendance: T. Pell, V. Chambers, R. Buchanan, Commissioner Hood
Staff Liaison: D. Thompson
Guest: Paul Sikkenga
The committee met to receive a complaint regarding parking at the Arena. The
committee received the following requests from the complainant:
• Requesting a plan to address accessible parking
• The rear entrance off the parking lot in back of the arena needs
accessible spaces and signage.
• Fix the accessible door at the rear entrance to the arena.
• He is requesting that the lot behind the arena become accessible
• A permanent sign be placed on Western Ave. stating were there is
additional accessible parking in the parking lot across from the arena.
• The accessible parking be reflective of the numbers of people who are
able to attend the arena.
• Other ideas were to shuttle from Mart Dock to the Arena
• The Arena Director needs to communicate with the busses in terms of
routing them for drop off and pick up.
Meeting adjourned 6:45PM