CITY OF MUSKEGON
DATE OF MEETING: Tuesday, July 11, 2023 at 4 pm
PLACE OF MEETING: Commission Chambers, First Floor, Muskegon City Hall
I. Roll Call
II. Old Business
III. Public Hearings
IV. New Business
A. Case 2023-17: Request to amend the Planned Unit Development at Adelaide Point (1148 and 1204
W Western Ave), by Adelaide Point QOZ.
A. Update on previous cases
AMERICAN DISABILITY ACT POLICY FOR ACCESS TO OPEN MEETINGS OF THE CITY OF MUSKEGON AND ANY OF ITS COMMITTEES
To give comment on a live-streamed meeting the city will provide a call-in telephone number to the public to be able to call and give comment. For a public
meeting that is not live-streamed, and which a citizen would like to watch and give comment, they must contact the City Clerk’s Office with at least a two-business
day notice. The participant will then receive a zoom link which will allow them to watch live and give comment. Contact information is below. For more details,
please visit: www.shorelinecity.com
The City of Muskegon will provide necessary reasonable auxiliary aids and services, such as signers for the hearing impaired and audio tapes of printed materials
being considered at the meeting, to individuals with disabilities who want to attend the meeting with twenty-four (24) hours’ notice to the City of Muskegon.
Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services should contact the City of Muskegon by writing or by calling the following:
Ann Marie Meisch, MMC. City Clerk. 933 Terrace St. Muskegon, MI 49440. (231)724-6705. [email protected]
July 11, 2023
Case 2023-17: Request to amend the Planned Unit Development at Adelaide Point (1148 and 1204 W
Western Ave), by Adelaide Point QOZB.
1. The applicant is seeking approval for the following amendments to the PUD:
• Removal of one of the condominium/retail buildings. This will eliminate 55 residential units
from the plan.
• Changing the other condominium/retail buildings to a hotel. This will eliminate another 55
residential units from the plan, but will add 125 hotel rooms.
• Repositioning of a condominium building (noted as R1 on new plans).
• Slight modification of Adelaide Circle.
2. Please see the attached copies of the “Proposed AP Site Plan” and the “Current AP Site Plan
(approved February 2023).”
3. The original PUD was approved in September 2021. It was amended in June 2022 and again in
4. Incidental or minor changes may be approved by the Planning Commission if the proposed
modifications do not alter the basic design or land uses of the plan. If the Planning Commission
determines that the proposed modifications are significant or major, a public notice and public
hearing in accordance with Section 2332 must be conducted prior to approval or denial.
Staff recommends approval of the amendments. Staff considers these changes minor as they are creating less
density and the changes to the street do not alter the basic design of the plan. In addition, all publicly
accessible places and amenities will remain unchanged.
The following proposed motion is offered for consideration:
I move that the request to amend the Planned Unit Development at Adelaide Point (1148 and 1204 W
Western Ave) be approved as presented.