The City of Muskegon contracts with Consumers Power Company for street lighting services throughout the city. Streetlights are installed, maintained and powered by Consumers.

Muskegon Street lighting outages

Outages may be reported Consumer Power on their website Choose “Report and Outage”, then click on “Streetlight Outage and Status”.  Or you may call them directly at 1-800-477-5050.

New Street lighting requests

Requests for new streetlights are also handled by the Department of Public Works. Requests are reviewed against accepted engineering standards for street lighting. Streetlights are designed to insure the safe passage of vehicles and pedestrians in the roadway. Streetlights will not be installed as a deterrent to crime or to light up a non-roadway area.