When completed please mail the form to:
City of Muskegon
Planning and Economic Development Dept.
933 Terrace St.
P.O. Box 536
Muskegon, MI 49443
- This form is required to be filed and appropriate fees paid if a building has been vacant for 90 consecutive days.
- Form must be completed and returned with a signature, any time a building has been vacant for 90 days or more.
- It is your duty to amend this registration statement within 30 days of any changes in status or ownership. If no such notice is received regarding the status of a structure within the time limits, the building will be considered still vacant.
- The requirements of this ordinance section are applicable to each owner of any building that shall have been vacant for more than 90 days.
- For the purpose of filing this form an owner is defined as shown in the following ordinance excerpt:
For purposes of this section, the following shall also be applicable:
(A) If the owner is a corporation or a limited liability corporation, the registration statement shall provide the names and residence addresses of all officers, directors and/or members and shall be accompanied by a copy of the most recent annual tax report filed with the secretary of state;
(B) If an estate, the name and business address of the executor of the estate;
(C) If a trust, the name and address of all trustees, grantors, and beneficiaries;
(D) If a partnership, the names and residence addresses of all partners with an interest of ten percent or greater;
(E) If any other form of unincorporated association, the names and residence addresses of all principals with an interest of ten percent or greater;
(F) If an individual person, the name and residence address of that individual person.
For any further assistance with the registration process please contact the Planning and Economic Development Department at 231-724-6702.