Without a doubt, Muskegon is a boater’s paradise. With the sheltered waters of Muskegon Lake and access to Lake Michigan, boating opportunities of all kinds await. Cruise the “Big Lake”, fish Muskegon Lake, spend a restful day at the dock or tour local attractions. Whatever your boating needs or interests, Muskegon is here to help.
Hartshorn Marina is the only public-owned marina on Muskegon Lake.
Location: Division at Western (Nims)
Land Area: 10.3 acres
Surrounding Land Use: Industrial, Recreation, Retail
Facilities: Major slips (134), small slips (30), moorings (102), launch ramps (2), restrooms (2), picnic tables.
What We Offer At Hartshorn
- Seasonal/Transient Docking and Mooring
- Friendly, Courteous Staff
- Experienced Harbormaster
- Bathroom and Shower Facilities
- Power and Water Hookup
- Docking Assistance
- VHF/FM Radio -VHF Channel 09
- Pump Out Station located at Fisherman’s Landing
- Ice Sales
- Dinghy and Trailer Storage
- Dock Boxes
- Picnic Tables and Grills
- MCC Lakeshore Fitness Center next door
- Trolley Service
- 6 Ft. Avg. Depth in Small Boat Basin
- 9 Ft. Avg. Depth in Large Boat Basin
- 13 Ft. Draft/19 Ft. Beam in Largest Ships
- One Tie-Up For Vessels Up to 90 Ft.
Department of Public Works, 231-724-4100
Hartshorn Office, 231-724-6785