The engineering department is responsible for all activities within the public right-of-way including capital improvement projects such as:
- Street Design & Construction
- Water Main Design & Construction
- Sewer Design & Construction
- Work in Right-of-Way Permits
- Third Party Work Within Streets or Alleys
- Encroachments Agreements/Permits
- Groundwater Monitoring Well Installation Permits
- City of Muskegon Title VI Plan
- Invitation to Bid
- Application for Encroachment Permit
- Petition/Instructions for Street Paving
- Criteria Specifications for Repairing Sidewalks
- Sidewalk Complaint & Inspection Form
- Winter Street Parking Map Web Application
- Groundwater Monitoring Well Installation Application
- Right of Way Permit Application
- Right of Way Surety Bond Application ($5,000.00)
- Right of Way Surety Bond Application ($25,000.00)
- Request to Assign or Revise Street Address
- Annual Utility Permit
- Lakeshore Trail Detour
- Disadvantaged Contractor List
- Engineering Maps
Frequently Asked Questions
My street needs work. How do I get that started?
A petition is available in the engineering department.
Do I need a permit to work on the sidewalk in front of my property?
Yes, under a permit from engineering.