The Community and Neighborhood Services department administers the Community Development Block Grant and HOME Funds received by the City of Muskegon annually from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The programs that are available through the Community and Neighborhood Services department are Emergency Housing Repair assistance, Vinyl Siding assistance, Rental Rehabilitation assistance for investment property owners and new Construction Housing Infill.
Target Market Analysis 2015
- Muskegon Market Strategy Report 7 15 15
- Muskegon TMA Workbook 7 12 15
- Muskegon Supply Demand Workbook 07 12 15
- Muskegon Regional Consolidated Plan and Muskegon Annual Action Plan
- CNS Public Notices
- Section 3 Applicants from the Construction Trades Job Fair
- Citizens District Council Minutes and Agenda
- Fair Housing Impediment Study 2015
- HOME Partnership Program Application
- Homebuyers Program Flyer
- Rental Rehabilitation Program
- Residential Façade Application and Priority Home Repair Flyer
- DTE Test-N-Tune
Homebuyer’s Assistance Program
- Homebuyer Assistance Eligibility Application
- Homebuyer Education Class Schedule
- Homebuyer Assistance Program Policies-Procedures 2018
- Homebuyer Assistance Program Checklist
Homebuyers Program-Homes for Sale
Lead Safe Muskegon
Frequently Asked Questions
Who qualifies for the program?
The qualifications are different per program please contact the Community and Neighborhood Service department for additional information.
Do you have to be a resident of the City of Muskegon to Qualify?
You do need to be a resident of the City of Muskegon for the emergency repair and vinyl siding programs but the Rental Rehabilitation program you just need to own property in the City of Muskegon. The Infill programs you are not required to be a resident at time of construction.
Is there a charge for the services?
No not usually although there is an application fee for the Rental Rehabilitation Program of $100.00 which is nonrefundable.
Will there be a lien placed on your property for the services?
In many cases depending on the service and the cost of the service there is a forgivable mortgage placed on a clients property. The lien when placed, will be for a period of five years.
Are the programs based on your income?
Yes to be eligible for any of the programs offered by the Community and neighborhood Services department you must meet the income guidelines.