The City of Muskegon’s Affirmative Action Department is responsible for the effective implementation of the City’s Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies.
Under the direction of the Affirmative Action Director, this office is responsible for all pre-construction bids to the City of Muskegon, and contract compliance of these bids.
This department also monitors contracts with the city, making sure that all state and federal polices are adhered to (i.e. prevailing wages, Davis-Bacon Act, and standards set by HUD, and the USDOL). Additionally, this office contributes invaluable services to the community through involvement, support, and community outreach and recruitment.
The Affirmative Action Department is responsible for:
- Advising the city on matter dealing with Civil Rights/Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity.
- Providing administrative review of the city’s construction projects to assure contract compliance.
- Working with city businesses to coordinate recruitment and training efforts for city residents.
- Investigating complaints in regards to hiring issues, discrimination, and Civil Right violations.
- Working with other city departments to assure that all contractors and companies working with the City of Muskegon adhere to rules and regulations.
- Coordinating the Julia Hackley Internship Program.
- Briefing the City Commissioners on the city’s hiring practices and current employee numbers as it relates to our own Affirmative Action Goals & Policy.
- Disadvantaged Contractor Contacts
- Resolution Prohibiting Discrimination
- City of Muskegon Title VI Plan
- ADA Grievance Procedure