Back Ground: City of Muskegon Water Filtration Plant is in need of bids for its Auxiliary #7 Pump rebuilt. Pump information and rebuild details for the bid are as follows.
Pump: Aurora 411 Series
- Disassemble unit including removal of old bearings, seals, and misc.
- Glass and sand blast housings, covers, frame, impeller and misc. details
- Inspect and repair all useable components for wear and defects
- Apply wear guard to all pits or voids in housings
- Machine new 316 stainless steel (2) new impeller wear rings, (2) new packing wear sleeves all to be installed and set correctly to pump
- Repair, detail existing impeller, install new wear rings
- Machine new packing gland collars
- Note this is a conversion from a mechanical seal to packing. Modify stuffing box for new packing with packing collars, install all bearing, seals, O-rings, and gaskets
- Reassemble the pump to OEM standard with improved updates along with specified stainless steel parts
- Repaint pump olive green as to remain within 10 State Standards (GLUMRB)
Removal and installation of pump along with shipping to be handle by company
Vendor’s scope of work shall be developed to meet the objectives as described above and to result in the delivery of the finished product. Vendor shall provide weekly progress reports of project status, including notification of any critical issues affecting progress. The City withholds the right to waive any bids do to any irregularities in the bid process.
The City will receive sealed bids until 2:00 p.m. local time on Tuesday 3/21/2017. Send, or deliver, sealed proposals labeled “Muskegon WFP Aux #7 Rebuild” to:
City of Muskegon: City Hall
City Clerk’s Office
933 Terrace St
Muskegon, MI 49440
Vendors are welcome to onsite visits by appointment only. Please submit questions and appointment requests electronically directed to the appropriate contact listed. Questions and any onsite visits are to be conducted no later than 3/14/2017. Questions and answers will be compiled and shared with all parties no later than 3/17/2017. This information will become addenda to the proposal request.
City of Muskegon WFP
1900 Beach St
Muskegon, MI 49441
City of Muskegon WFP
1900 Beach St
Muskegon, MI 49441
Required Insurance provided by Vendor
The vendor shall furnish a certificate of insurance to the City with the following coverage:
- Hold Harmless Agreements: To the fullest extent permitted by law, CONSULTANT agrees to defend, pay in behalf of, indemnify, and hold harmless the CITY, its elected and appointed officials, employees, volunteers and others working on behalf of the CITY against any and all claims, demands, suits, or loss, including any costs connected therewith, and for any damages which may be asserted, claimed or recovered against or from the CITY, its elected and appointed officials, employees, volunteers, or others working on behalf of the CITY, by reason of personal injury, including bodily injury and death, property damage, including loss of use thereof, and/or the effects of or release of toxic and/or hazardous material which arises out of or is in any way connected or associated with this contract. The obligation to defend and hold harmless extends to CONSULTANT’S employees, agents, subcontractors, assigns and successors.
- Consultant Insurance Requirements: CONSULTANT shall not commence work under this contract until obtaining the insurance required under this paragraph. All coverage shall be with insurance companies licensed and admitted to do business in the State of Michigan and Best Rated. All coverage shall be with insurance carriers acceptable to the CITY.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: The CONSULTANT shall procure and maintain during the life of this contract, Workers’ Compensation Insurance, including Employer’s Liability coverage, in accordance with all applicable Statutes of the State of Michigan.
- General Liability Insurance: The CONSULTANT shall procure and maintain during the life of this contract, commercial General Liability Insurance on an “Occurrence Basis” with limits of liability not less than $500,000 per occurrence and/or aggregate combined single limit, Personal Injury, Bodily Injury and Property Damage. Coverage shall include the following extensions: Contractual Liability, Products and Completed Operations, Independent Contractor’s Coverage,Broad Form General Liability Extensions or equivalent
- Motor Vehicle Liability: The CONSULTANT shall procure and maintain during the life of this contract Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance, including Michigan no-fault coverage, with limits of liability of not less than $500,000 per occurrence or combined single limit Bodily Injury and Property Damage. Coverage shall include all owned vehicles, all non-owned vehicles and all hired vehicles.
- Professional Liability Insurance: The CONSULTANT shall procure and maintain during the life of this contract and during the performance of all services Professional Liability Insurance covering all performances from the beginning of the consultant’s services on a “claims made basis” and shall maintain coverage from commencement of this contract until six (6) months following completion of the consultant’s work with limits of liability not less than $500,000 per claim.
- Additional Insured: Commercial General Liability and Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance, as described above, shall include an endorsement stating the following shall be “Additional Insured”: The CITY OF MUSKEGON, all elected and appointed officials, all employees and volunteers, all boards, commissions and/or authorities and board members, including employees and volunteers thereof.
- Cancellation Notice: Workers’ Compensation Insurance, General Liability Insurance, Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance, and Professional Liability Insurance, as described above, shall include an endorsement stating the following: “It is understood and agreed that Thirty (30) Days Advance Written Notice of Cancellation, Non- Renewal, Reduction and/or Material Change shall be sent to: CITY OF MUSKEGON ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT.
- Proof of Insurance Coverage: The CONSULTANT shall provide the CITY at the time the contracts are returned by him for execution, certificates and policies as listed below: Two (2) copies of Certificate of Insurance for Workers’ Compensation Insurance, Two (2) copies of Certificate of Insurance for Commercial General Liability Insurance, Two (2) copies of Certificate of Insurance for Vehicle Liability Insurance, Two (2) copies of Certificate of Insurance for Professional Liability Insurance. If so requested, certified copies of all policies mentioned above will be furnished.
- If any of the above coverage expires during the term of this contract, the CONSULTANT shall deliver renewal certificates and/or policies to the CITY at least ten (10) days prior to the expiration date.
“Aux #7 Pump Rebuild RFP” Addenda
Addendum 1: Install all new bearings, seals, O-rings, gaskets, and misc. hardware.
Addendum 2: Alignment of all major pump components to industry standards including alignment of pump to motor during installation of pump at the plant.
Addendum 3: Include “As-found” and “As-left” report with detailed description of any irregularities found during dissemble and any corrected or new work that may have taken place.
Addendum 4: Inspection of all components to the pump and corrected according to industry standards.
Addendum 5: Pump to be completed, reinstalled, and working within 8 weeks after vendor is awarded to proceed with the rebuild.