Back Ground: The City of Muskegon Filtration Plant is seeking written bids from qualified marine contractors to perform an inspection of the intake collection crib, clean orifices on the chemical application “halo”, inspect the intake pipe, chemical application piping and support structures. The intake is a sixty (60) in. steel pipe approximately 5,900 ft. in length; it has a steel and timber crib at its terminus in Lake Michigan. There is a blanked “wye” approximately 150 ft. and an emergency “tee” approximately 1,550 ft. from the crib structure. The intake conduit terminates at the intake shore well on land. Also we would like the Raw Water Isolation Valves inspected to evaluate their seals and clean if necessary.
The purpose of the inspection is to determine the overall condition of the intake crib, conduit funnel, chemical application halo, piping and supports as well as the intake line. The City is interested in determining the structural integrity and the amount of zebra mussel growth on the structures and insuring the ability for chemical application actions needed. The inspection is to include video (color) of the intake crib and surrounding area, chemical application halo and its anchoring system, the intake conduit funnel, intake pipe and chemical feed line. An inspection, evaluation and cleaning of the seals and seats of the Raw Water Isolation Valves (2) is also required. A written report of the conditions observed and any recommendations for necessary repairs is to be included.
Contractor’s scope of work shall be developed to meet the objectives as described above and to result in the delivery of the finished product as described. The Contractor will be familiar with underwater construction and have a minimum of five (5) years experience in said construction. The contractor shall be prepared to show evidence of prior work performed and be able to make recommendation for any remedial actions needed. All work to be performed under the bid shall be started with 60 calendar days of City’s notice to proceed. The contractor shall include in the proposal the expected calendar date of completion and the expected number of working days. The work is to be completed within a two-week period (weather dependent). The City of Muskegon will provide yacht berthing at the City’s Hartshorn Marina located on the south shore of Muskegon Lake at no cost to the chosen contractor, while work is being performed for the City. Any arrangements for yacht berthing such as reservations and availability are the sole responsibility of the contractor. The contractor should contact Mr. Kevin Santos, Harbor Master, at231-724-6785 to make arrangements. The City withholds the right to waive any bids do to any irregularities in the bid process.
The City will receive sealed bids until 2:00 p.m. local time on Tuesday 3/21/2017. Send, or deliver, sealed proposals labeled “Muskegon WFP HS Intake Inspection” to:
City of Muskegon: City Hall
City Clerk’s Office
933 Terrace St
Muskegon, MI 49440
Vendors are welcome to onsite visits by appointment only. Please submit questions and appointment requests electronically directed to the appropriate contact listed. Questions and any onsite visits are to be conducted no later than 3/14/2017. Questions and answers will be compiled and shared with all parties no later than 3/17/2017. This information will become addenda to the proposal request.
City of Muskegon WFP
1900 Beach St
Muskegon, MI 49441
City of Muskegon WFP
1900 Beach St
Muskegon, MI 49441
Required Insurance provided by Vendor
The vendor shall furnish a certificate of insurance to the City with the following coverage:
- Hold Harmless Agreements: To the fullest extent permitted by law, CONSULTANT agrees to defend, pay in behalf of, indemnify, and hold harmless the CITY, its elected and appointed officials, employees, volunteers and others working on behalf of the CITY against any and all claims, demands, suits, or loss, including any costs connected therewith, and for any damages which may be asserted, claimed or recovered against or from the CITY, its elected and appointed officials, employees, volunteers, or others working on behalf of the CITY, by reason of personal injury, including bodily injury and death, property damage, including loss of use thereof, and/or the effects of or release of toxic and/or hazardous material which arises out of or is in any way connected or associated with this contract. The obligation to defend and hold harmless extends to CONSULTANT’S employees, agents, subcontractors, assigns and successors.
- Consultant Insurance Requirements: CONSULTANT shall not commence work under this contract until obtaining the insurance required under this paragraph. All coverage shall be with insurance companies licensed and admitted to do business in the State of Michigan and Best Rated. All coverage shall be with insurance carriers acceptable to the CITY.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: The CONSULTANT shall procure and maintain during the life of this contract, Workers’ Compensation Insurance, including Employer’s Liability coverage, in accordance with all applicable Statutes of the State of Michigan.
- General Liability Insurance: The CONSULTANT shall procure and maintain during the life of this contract, commercial General Liability Insurance on an “Occurrence Basis” with limits of liability not less than $500,000 per occurrence and/or aggregate combined single limit, Personal Injury, Bodily Injury and Property Damage. Coverage shall include the following extensions: Contractual Liability, Products and Completed Operations, Independent Contractor’s Coverage,Broad Form General Liability Extensions or equivalent
- Motor Vehicle Liability: The CONSULTANT shall procure and maintain during the life of this contract Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance, including Michigan no-fault coverage, with limits of liability of not less than $500,000 per occurrence or combined single limit Bodily Injury and Property Damage. Coverage shall include all owned vehicles, all non-owned vehicles and all hired vehicles.
- Professional Liability Insurance: The CONSULTANT shall procure and maintain during the life of this contract and during the performance of all services Professional Liability Insurance covering all performances from the beginning of the consultant’s services on a “claims made basis” and shall maintain coverage from commencement of this contract until six (6) months following completion of the consultant’s work with limits of liability not less than $500,000 per claim.
- Additional Insured: Commercial General Liability and Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance, as described above, shall include an endorsement stating the following shall be “Additional Insured”: The CITY OF MUSKEGON, all elected and appointed officials, all employees and volunteers, all boards, commissions and/or authorities and board members, including employees and volunteers thereof.
- Cancellation Notice: Workers’ Compensation Insurance, General Liability Insurance, Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance, and Professional Liability Insurance, as described above, shall include an endorsement stating the following: “It is understood and agreed that Thirty (30) Days Advance Written Notice of Cancellation, Non- Renewal, Reduction and/or Material Change shall be sent to: CITY OF MUSKEGON ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT.
- Proof of Insurance Coverage: The CONSULTANT shall provide the CITY at the time the contracts are returned by him for execution, certificates and policies as listed below: Two (2) copies of Certificate of Insurance for Workers’ Compensation Insurance, Two (2) copies of Certificate of Insurance for Commercial General Liability Insurance, Two (2) copies of Certificate of Insurance for Vehicle Liability Insurance, Two (2) copies of Certificate of Insurance for Professional Liability Insurance. If so requested, certified copies of all policies mentioned above will be furnished.
- If any of the above coverage expires during the term of this contract, the CONSULTANT shall deliver renewal certificates and/or policies to the CITY at least ten (10) days prior to the expiration date.
“Intake Inspection RFP” Addenda
Addendum 1: Following inspection of intake crib make any repairs if needed
Addendum 2: Cleaning of the Crib is required up to 100ft into intake depending on severity of debris.
Addendum 3: This will be a full intake inspection requiring a diver to enter at both ends (Intake Crib and Shore Intake Building).
Addendum 4: Intake drawings are available upon request.