Back Ground: The Muskegon Filtration Plant has 7 pumps that discharge treated drinking water from the plant clear wells into the City and wholesale customer’s distribution systems. 3 of the pumps were installed in 2004 as part of the plant upgrade project; the other 4 were installed in 1972. The pumps are in need of discharge valve replacement. These valves are past their life expectancy and have required significant maintenance and machining of valve parts that are obsolete. The 1972 valves are critical to the reliable operation of the water system. Replacement for 2 valves has already taken place in 2014 and another is budgeted to be replaced in 2017.
MFG: Henry Pratt 14” rubber seated ball valve
S/N: 1732551-11 HP
Press: 150 psig max
Shutoff: 150psig max
MFG: Henry Pratt 14” butterfly
Psig Max: 150
MFG: Henry Pratt
Power: 120v, 1ph, 3amps
Inlet/Outlet Max: 125 psi
S/N: 1732551-3 1-HP
3/8 X ½ pump check
MFG: Henry Pratt
Size: 10 X 8
Items of work to include removal of existing valve, purchase, and installation of a Pratt 14” rubber seated ball valve for our #4 high service pump. The replacement is also to include the control system for the pump check valve as well as the purchase and installation of a 14” chain driven butterfly isolation valve to be mounted above the rubber seated ball valve. Bid also to include start-up and inspection by a Pratt representative, water piping, necessary electrical work, insulation patching as well as chain-wheels on butterfly valve. Awarded bidder will be responsible for finish coatings and disposal of existing valve.
Vendor’s scope of work shall be developed to meet the objectives as described above and to result in the delivery of the finished product. Vendor shall provide weekly progress reports of project status, including notification of any critical issues affecting progress. The City withholds the right to waive any bids do to any irregularities in the bid process.
The City will receive sealed bids until 2:00 p.m. local time on Tuesday 3/21/2017. Send, or deliver, sealed proposals labeled “Muskegon WFP HS #4 valve” to:
City of Muskegon: City Hall
City Clerk’s Office
933 Terrace St
Muskegon, MI 49440
Vendors are welcome to onsite visits by appointment only. Please submit questions and appointment requests electronically directed to the appropriate contact listed. Questions and any onsite visits are to be conducted no later than 3/14/2017. Questions and answers will be compiled and shared with all parties no later than 3/17/2017. This information will become addenda to the proposal request.
City of Muskegon WFP
1900 Beach St
Muskegon, MI 49441
City of Muskegon WFP
1900 Beach St
Muskegon, MI 49441
Required Insurance provided by Vendor
The vendor shall furnish a certificate of insurance to the City with the following coverage:
- Hold Harmless Agreements: To the fullest extent permitted by law, CONSULTANT agrees to defend, pay in behalf of, indemnify, and hold harmless the CITY, its elected and appointed officials, employees, volunteers and others working on behalf of the CITY against any and all claims, demands, suits, or loss, including any costs connected therewith, and for any damages which may be asserted, claimed or recovered against or from the CITY, its elected and appointed officials, employees, volunteers, or others working on behalf of the CITY, by reason of personal injury, including bodily injury and death, property damage, including loss of use thereof, and/or the effects of or release of toxic and/or hazardous material which arises out of or is in any way connected or associated with this contract. The obligation to defend and hold harmless extends to CONSULTANT’S employees, agents, subcontractors, assigns and successors.
- Consultant Insurance Requirements: CONSULTANT shall not commence work under this contract until obtaining the insurance required under this paragraph. All coverage shall be with insurance companies licensed and admitted to do business in the State of Michigan and Best Rated. All coverage shall be with insurance carriers acceptable to the CITY.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: The CONSULTANT shall procure and maintain during the life of this contract, Workers’ Compensation Insurance, including Employer’s Liability coverage, in accordance with all applicable Statutes of the State of Michigan.
- General Liability Insurance: The CONSULTANT shall procure and maintain during the life of this contract, commercial General Liability Insurance on an “Occurrence Basis” with limits of liability not less than $500,000 per occurrence and/or aggregate combined single limit, Personal Injury, Bodily Injury and Property Damage. Coverage shall include the following extensions: Contractual Liability, Products and Completed Operations, Independent Contractor’s Coverage,Broad Form General Liability Extensions or equivalent
- Motor Vehicle Liability: The CONSULTANT shall procure and maintain during the life of this contract Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance, including Michigan no-fault coverage, with limits of liability of not less than $500,000 per occurrence or combined single limit Bodily Injury and Property Damage. Coverage shall include all owned vehicles, all non-owned vehicles and all hired vehicles.
- Professional Liability Insurance: The CONSULTANT shall procure and maintain during the life of this contract and during the performance of all services Professional Liability Insurance covering all performances from the beginning of the consultant’s services on a “claims made basis” and shall maintain coverage from commencement of this contract until six (6) months following completion of the consultant’s work with limits of liability not less than $500,000 per claim.
- Additional Insured: Commercial General Liability and Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance, as described above, shall include an endorsement stating the following shall be “Additional Insured”: The CITY OF MUSKEGON, all elected and appointed officials, all employees and volunteers, all boards, commissions and/or authorities and board members, including employees and volunteers thereof.
- Cancellation Notice: Workers’ Compensation Insurance, General Liability Insurance, Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance, and Professional Liability Insurance, as described above, shall include an endorsement stating the following: “It is understood and agreed that Thirty (30) Days Advance Written Notice of Cancellation, Non- Renewal, Reduction and/or Material Change shall be sent to: CITY OF MUSKEGON ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT.
- Proof of Insurance Coverage: The CONSULTANT shall provide the CITY at the time the contracts are returned by him for execution, certificates and policies as listed below: Two (2) copies of Certificate of Insurance for Workers’ Compensation Insurance, Two (2) copies of Certificate of Insurance for Commercial General Liability Insurance, Two (2) copies of Certificate of Insurance for Vehicle Liability Insurance, Two (2) copies of Certificate of Insurance for Professional Liability Insurance. If so requested, certified copies of all policies mentioned above will be furnished.
- If any of the above coverage expires during the term of this contract, the CONSULTANT shall deliver renewal certificates and/or policies to the CITY at least ten (10) days prior to the expiration date.