Tom Pastoor, President (231)722-7481
McLaughlin is a culturally diverse neighborhood. Sections of this neighborhood are part of a Historic District of the City of Muskegon with some preserved Victorian era homes. There are a mixture of single and multiple-family homes throughout the area. Hackley Hospital is situated on the southern boundary of the neighborhood. Eleven churches are located throughout the area, as well as numerous doctors offices and businesses.
The McLaughlin Neighborhood Association was founded in 1985. McLaughlin was the first neighborhood in the City to have a neighborhood police officer, originating the city-wide program for community officers. Crime prevention is a number one goal for the neighborhood, as well as making improvements in blighted areas. Together we are making progress toward our goals and in doing so are improving the quality of life in the McLaughlin area and the City of Muskegon.
Monthly Neighborhood Meetings
Our monthly meetings are the third Monday of each month and are held at the Bethany Church Parish House at 6pm. Our General Membership Meetings are in March and October.
Quarterly Newsletter: The MNA publishes a newsletter four times a year in order to inform residents of services and upcoming events.
Spring and Fall Cleanups: Twice each year, the MNA arranges for a free dumpster available to all MNA members.
Advocacy: Members of the MNA Board of Directors serve on various committees and boards to represent the interests of the McLaughlin neighborhood.
Annual Summer Yard Sale and Summer Picnic: The MNA members and guests gather in December to celebrate the holiday season. During the summer months, a picnic is planned at one of the city parks in the McLaughlin neighborhood.
McLaughlin Mission Statement
The McLaughlin Neighborhood Association is a team of dedicated citizens working together with churches, schools, agencies, businesses and other community-based organizations to enhance their capacity to create an improved quality of life for their neighborhood and the City of Muskegon.
- Safer Community
- Better Housing
- Creation of Jobs
- Higher Learning
- Stronger Families
- Neighborhood Human Services
- Tom Pastoor, President, 1291 Terrace Street 722-7481
- Louise Herman Muhammed, Vice President, 1116 Terrace, 726-3827
- Carol Van Dyke, Recording Secretary, 1523 Leahy Street, 726-2591
- Renee Pastoor, Corresponding Secretary, 1291 Terrace Street 722-7481
- Kathy Martin, Treasurer, 1244 Ransom Street, 722-2360
- Addie Sanders-Randall, Board Member, 38 Iona
- Beatrice Thomas, Board Member, 1123 Spring
- Charlotte Johnson, Board Member, 219 Catherine
- Sarah Rinsema-Sybenga, Board Member, 154 Campus
- Kristy Weberg, Board Member, 157 Catherine
- Bruce Mahn, Board Member, 1423 Clinton
- Randy Vanderweit, Board Member, 1132 Peck
- Michael Jackson, Board Member, 2105 Peck
- Gerri Gebolys, Board Member, 1080 Terrace Street Apt. 710
- Bill O’Shaughnessy, Board Member, 1080 Terrace Street Apt. 1015
- Dale Hilson, Board Member, Terrace Street
- Terry Nash, Neighborhood Officer